I was so amped for this movie and I felt really good being in the movie theatre, finally, after waiting two years, I'm watching Iron Man 2!! The movie wasn't what I expected at all. That doesn't mean I hated it, I loved it, but not as much as the first. I thought they would've done a better job than the first, which was a big and difficult task, Iron Man already set the bar real high for Iron Man 2 to try succeed, in which it did not. The first made you laugh, made you cry (Well sad, I don't cry), and it made you feel triumphant in the end.
But Iron Man 2, made me a little confused, some parts jut didn't make sense for me. But one of the things I loved about the movie Robert Downey Jr. He's always awesome. He made the movie look extra good. Mickey Rourke as Whiplash, and Don Cheadle as War Machine both did a bad ass job. Cheadle made Terrence Howard's portrayal, look poofy. But Jackson wasn't Nick Fury. Nick Fury was Samuel L Jackson. And not in a good way. The action was too short as well, I mean they were cool, only if it was longer.But it was a good movie, I just expected a lot.
The score is another reason why I wasn't into the movie. I am a soundtrack fan, and what John Debney did to the movie was ok, but not for Iron Man 2. Maybe Spider-Man 3 (I hated the score), but not Iron Man 2. Ramin Djawadi made the first movie awesome with his score. Where was the main Iron Man theme?
Yep Kick-Ass is still the best movie of 2010
Anyway here is a spoiler filled ups and downs for Iron Man 2 after the jump.
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man
- The funny parts of the movie were in fact funny
- Mickey Rourke as Ivan Vanko/Whiplash
- The awesome suits, and the story of how the triangular arc made its debut
- Don Cheadle as James Rhodes/War Machine
- The cameos of Captain America's shield, and its use in the movie, and also Thors hammer after the credits.
- How they used Whiplash
- Tony Stark's drunk scenes
- Action was too short
- Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury
- John Debney's score
- The middle parts were kinda sleepy